Thursday 12 December 2013

Sam Garrett Music


I first discovered Sam Garrett on Ben Brown’s vlogs as he was usually the backing track to the vlogs and then Ben shot a music video for Sam. The sound of Hope fascinated me so much that I had to find out more about Sam.

Sam Garrett is a 23 year old singer songwriter from the UK. He is currently living in London but he grew up by the countryside. Sam grew up in a family with strong musical inspiration. His parents met in a recording studio and his father was in a band in the 70s and 80s. I would assume that his surroundings were musically strong especially with his parent’s vinyl collection.
As a child, Sam was very inquisitive and creative and he managed to teach himself how to play the guitar and even started writing a few lyrics at the age of 8!

Sam draws inspiration from “nature and life itself”. Personally I find this inspirational as Sam mentions that people have become detached from nature and that we take a lot of things for granted. Our lives have become so fast paced and we hardly take a moment to stop and take a step back and just appreciate what’s around us.

“I believe it is important to be truthful and to do only such actions which are beneficial to you and your fellow beings”.

Now for the music part:
Sam Garrett’s “Be Easy” EP is the perfect remedy for distressing and unwinding at the end of a long, stressful day or a long journey. It is an easy listen and very relaxing.
Sam uses only his voice and guitar to create delicately crafted melodic tunes. This gives his music a certain rawness which I enjoy tremendously.

I do not want to spoil anything for you. I want YOU to go on this journey as it is a musical experience. My personal favourites include Hope, River and Don’t let go.

Please do check Sam’s links and if you are impressed, check him on iTunes.
Twitter, Soundcloud and Facebook: samgarrettmusic
Youtube channel: Sam Garrett

SUPPORT GREAT MUSIC :)

No comments:

Post a Comment