Tuesday 25 June 2013

WOODSTOCK MAFIA

This post would be different compared to my others. I am taking notes as it’s happening. So live blogging? Haha. So after countless twitter mentions, I am finally able to see Woodstock mafia. They are said to be performing in a little market in Hout Bay. I am currently on my way to see them, its 7p, 21 June 2013. I am SO excited! Holy Moly… I walked into the market, that doesn’t look like much from the outside, but when I stepped in, it was like frikken Narnia. The market extended and at the back corner, there is a stage. WM just came on stage and it seems to be a chilled set. A crowd gathered around the stage and I am in front, as usual. I just realize I am such a groupie haha. Everyone seems to be so chilled, some people are having supper and jamming. The electric guitarist (I later heard his name is NICK) is brilliant! The solos are so sick – especially in electric light. The drummer had this astonished look on his face when he saw me singing along to electric light haha because I kind of knew all the words :P everyone on stage, and the crowd is casually just jamming and there are small girls dancing on the side. WM really has a sound that everyone can enjoy, from little girls to old people and everyone in between. It got really hot and then someone put on a fan, joe:thanks for the fans, I hope we get more after this show. [pun intended] hahahahahaha. WM then did a cover of RHCP “my friends” and all the old school people enjoyed this A LOT. Everything was awesome! Joe and Nick took a pic with me and @zanyjoe and they are really friendly even though I have the tendency to ramble on because I get too excited and nervous. If you are reading this; please pre-order their CD at www.woodstockmafia.com you shall not regret this!

No comments:

Post a Comment